I haven't had or made the time to upload pictures. The only reason I have time right now to update the blog is because we bathed Ruth early and took pictures before my parents went to bed early. My mom has been here all week and my dad came back over today to pick her up. They will be leaving early, early in the morning. Apparently, they wake up at 3 am or so and can't go back to sleep on most days so will just get up and leave then.
It has been so wonderful having my mom here. I have always been close to her and to see she and Ruth play and grow and learn new things has been such a joy and a relief. I loved hearing Ruth laugh with her and seeing both of them smile. It really helped the transition of bringing home a new baby. I am sure tomorrow will be hard on Ruth because she won't have Memommy here to play with her. Ruth has wanted Memommy over me 9.5 times out of 10 this week. The thought of my little girl missing Memommy and of Memommy missing Ruth hurts so much. I wish that we lived closer so that we could see them for shorter periods more often. Brian and I have both said that the reason we are not divorced is that we don't live in the same town as family. But with children here, it sure would be nice to just be a couple of hours away.
I don't expect that will ever happen. If we moved closer to one set that would mean we would live farther from the other set. Brian's parents are coming on Monday to stay for a few days to help us out since I can't lift Ruth for another week and a half.
Now about Grayson. He is so different from Ruth at this age. I remember everyone talking about how alert Ruth was at this age. She didn't sleep very much. Grayson sleeps all day long. He is awake to eat and poop and that is about it.
I will write more about Grayson next time. I am just overcome with grief thinking about Memommy and Ruth not being together. And yes, missing my mom and our conversations during Ruth's naps.
I was overcome with an intense feeling of doom when my mother and mother-in-law left me after having the twins. I'm sure it's a whole other ball game when you have another older child that you need to attend to as well. I'll be praying that there's enough of you to go around. If Grayson is as low-maintenance as he seems, hopefully that will make it easier on you. :-)
ReplyDeleteGrayson sounds just like Steven, typical boy, just eat and sleep! :)jk I know you are busy and everything, but your fans need pictures! Seriously, hope all is well, I am thinking about you a lot.
ReplyDelete