Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful....

And inside, my breasts hurt.


I came down sick this morning. I woke up with extreme breast tenderness on the right side and before two hours had passed, I had a fever. A trip to the doctor's office confirmed my thoughts: I have matitis, or infection of the breast usually resulting in bacteria entering the breast during breast feeding.

I have to be watched to make sure my fever doesn't get over 102 and have to take a prescription. I think, however, this is going to be the nail in the coffin that makes me start to wean Grayson after the holidays.

Poor Brian had to miss work again today and pick up more than his share of parenting duties.

Hope all is well where you are!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nat...I hope you get better soon. I never had mastitis, but I did get clogged milk ducts all the time...and it freaking hurt! I used these gel packs that I think Gerber makes. You can either put them in the fridge/freezer or the microwave. I always used them warm, to try to relax the clogs. I don't know if something like that would help in your situation. It was the only thing that ever gave me relief. That and nursing the actual clog out. I'm sure that having infection is different though. It sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete