Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Brian stayed home from work on Friday, thankfully, because at 4pm he left for his weekend retreat with his men's group.  I am glad he got to go.   He should be about ready to leave and come home.  When he gets back he will walk into a house that looks like an Oklahoma tornado blew threw it.  And I don't care.

I took Ruth back to the doctor on Saturday.  I think the sickness was on the way out but since she still didn't eat much that morning and my mom was stressing out on the phone (I know, why call her all the time?  She is addictive.   I have to talk to her almost every day these days or I feel something is missing), I took her in to see the doctor.  She had trace amounts of blood and white blood cells in her urine.  The doctor said it could still be a viral infection but prescribed another medicine. 

Ruth woke up fine today and hasn't had fever since Friday night.

However, she threw probably 6 fits on Saturday and 2 this morning.

I put Ruth to nap at 11:30am this morning (way early) because I was just tired of the fits, the throwing things and the not listening.  And now Grayson is asleep next to me on the bed (he won't sleep in his crib).  I have yet to finish a meal since Brian left.

Why have these days been worse than the normal work day?  I have no idea.

Grayson will turn six months next weekend.  He is still showing no signs of teeth but is chewing on everything in sight.  He loves sweet potatoes and has tried pears although didn't seem as interested in those.  He is trying very hard to crawl and will wiggle just about across the room. He is not able to sit on his own.  In fact, when he is sitting I have to fully support him and work to keep him from throwing his head back into me or the floor.  He isn't as verbal as Ruth was at this age.  But it is strange how he looks straight at you.  Remember, Ruth had vision problems and wouldn't look straight at us nor would she look like she was really focusing on us.  Grayson smiles at us from a distance.  His eyesight is normal.  Amen.

Brian just tried to call so that must mean he is own his way.  In an hour or so he will be home.  And then it will be cleaning time!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Ruth still isn't feeling well. Hopefully she'll be better soon and Grayson won't get it too.

    ReplyDelete