Today we saw Grayson's doctor. He was the same one we saw last week and two weeks before when G first got sickly. When I call for the sick appointment, I always ask who the appointment is with and then try to get one of the kids' doctors. Dr. Smith came in and said with a big smile, "Well, it's the Berrys. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to see you this week."
All is fine. He said that they probably had a viral infection. I tried to explain to him that the ONLY reason I brought them in is since G is on medicine and had a fever and is under 6 months and since I was going to be there anyway, I thought that he might as well look at Ruth and then if medicine was to be given then both could get it and they wouldn't keep giving it back and forth to each other. He said that bringing G in was the right thing to do and he understood my reasoning behind bringing in Ruth. Thank goodness it was Dr. Smith today since he knows us. I won't say that there are doctors in the practice that I don't like but it is nice to have the same doctor and establish a relationship.
Grayson did get eye drops though. He has a clogged tear duct and Dr. Smith saw the yellow coming out of his eye. I told him it runs yellow every day and has just about since he was born. So now I also get to give Grayson eye drops three times a day for the next week.
Grayson gets dedicated this Sunday. My parents were seriously thinking about coming but about two or so weeks ago my dad flipped off the four wheeler and really, really hurt his shoulder. Surgery may be in his future. He is really unable to drive and they are both still recovering from a bad cold. I must admit that I am more disappointed than I thought I would be. I am sure my parents will miss being here but with the news of the possible surgery they are upset that dad won't be able to cut hay and they will "lose the hay crop". Please keep in mind that they could pay someone to cut hay, buy hay or, heck, sell cattle. But as long as my parents have breath in their body, they will be workers and doers and farmers to the core. Sometimes I get really sad thinking how my children won't have the same experiences I was able to have (but hated at the time) of a simple life on the farm in the country. I also hate it that my parents are getting older and can't run around with the kids like they did with my nieces and nephews. I know it is part of life. Heck, I can't even run around with my own children like I did with my nieces and nephews. It is just another reminder that this life is temporary. We will have a new body in heaven.
Which, of course, begs the question: will my new body have this baby belly that I can't seem to lose?
Your post makes me think of the book that we are doing a short study on at our Wed night church group. It's called Scouting the Divine: Finding God in the Wine, Wool, and Wild Honey. This lady did a bunch of field research with farmers, vintners, beekeepers, and shepherds to glean deeper meaning in the scriptures regarding harvests, shepherding, etc. Very very interesting. I think that being close to the land brings us closer to God. :-)
ReplyDeleteI hope your little ones get better very soon. Having 2 sick children at the same time is not fun. Try to keep your patience and sanity.
ReplyDelete