After class several of us went to an old favorite for lunch: Bison Witches. Ruth finally got to meet the twins (Jennifer's kids - we follow their blog) but the kids didn't play together much. Maybe next time they see each....
After lunch I took a break with my family and then returned to the reunion for the alumni update. Later that night we went to the show and got to see some amazing dancing. Our friend Charlotte, who has returned to OU for her master's, rocked it in Steve Brule's new ballet. Wow. And it was fun to see The Sleeping Beauty since we had all danced in that ballet while we were there.
Enjoy the photos.
Rebecca, she now is a free lance dancer in the Dallas area
Charlotte and Jennifer and in the background. They were always together in collge.
Erika and Sean
Erika was a grad student with me. She has two kids now and they have been down to visit us several times. We have stopped at their house in TN a couple of times on our wasy to Virginia. Erika teaches dance in Eastern TN.
Sean: See below for his information. A dear, dear friend of mine.
Sharon and Jessica
See below for information on Jessica
Sharon was the first person I ever saw dance pregnant. Although Sharon had already graduated by the time I was at OU, she would come take class from time to time. Her husband was still in school. When auditioned she was a month or so away from giving birth and still did petite allegro (small, quick jumps).
Ah, my fellow Arkansans.
Jenny and Paula
Jenny just recently opened her own studio in Little Rock.
Paula owns her own pilates studio.
Katie: she is the business manager for Springfield Ballet.
Tiffany
She dances and teaches in the Dallas area. She helped me make my first homemade pizza while at OU.
Moms of two
Jennifer, Julie and me
I also follow Julie's blog. She danced professionally for a year or so and now teaches in Oklahoma. She also has a budding photography career.
Ruth, me, Erika
Paula, Charlotte, Jenny
Charlotte danced professionally for many years and now is back at OU getting her masters degree. She is hands down the best dancer at OU.
Erika and Julia in the background
Julia danced professionally for a few years and now is the school director of the amazing company Ballet Nouveau Colorado.
I think it is so cool how everyone is involved or was involved in dance in a professional capacity. Who says a dance degree isn't a smart degree?!
Missing from photos: Elizabeth: PT for Miami City Ballet
and Nowell: PT for Kansas City Ballet School
Thank you Oklahoma School of Dance for three wonderful years and a lifetime of friendships and memories. And, a great education.
What great posts and pictures! It really was such fun. I'm so grateful for the dear people that God allowed me to become friends with during my time at OU.
ReplyDeleteAbout the running! Go Natalie! Here's the thing. I started out really slowly. I did a program where you run 5 mins 5 days a week the first week. Then the next week you run 10 mins 5 days a week. Then each subsequent week you add another 5 mins to your run. I thought I'd never be able to run for 30 mins...but by the time I got to 20, I was feeling like I could run the half hour. Ever since then, I run 2 or 3 miles at a time consistently. At first I just noticed that I was losing a few inches around my waist and that my body was getting more toned. It wasn't until I was consistently running for about half an hour a day that I knocked of the last stubborn poundage of baby weight. I don't love running like some people do...but I love that I can do it without going to the gym. Keep it up, woman!