Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fever

I noticed that Grayson was really hot this morning when Brian brought him to bed this morning at 5:45 am.  I thought it was just because I had put him to bed last night in a sleeper and sleep sack.  We went about our day.  But when I feed him around 5:30 pm, I noticed that again he was really hot.  I took his temperature and sure enough, he has fever.  Brian took it again, rectally this time, when he got home an hour later and it was 102.1, just shy of being sent to the hospital (for a baby under six months, they get concerned with anything over 102.2).  Then, at bath time I noticed that Ruth was hot as well.  We took her temperature (just under the arm) and when we added the point, it was 102.4.  Neither kid acted like he or she felt bad at all today.  In fact, Grayson was smiling and kicking just before bath.  But I have cancelled my meeting set for tomorrow and am planning to take them both in to the doctor since Grayson is already on antibiotics. 

It is now 10pm and Grayson is crying.  This is unusual.  I think we may be in for it tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Hope all is well and the kids are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better, babies! Good luck to you too, mama. Saying a prayer for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing. I hope you all got some sleep last night.

    ReplyDelete