Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Success!!!!

Every night before the bath Brian will put Ruth on the potty. She will stare and giggle and then run around the upstairs naked while Brian tries to catch her and put her in the bath. I am usually folding laundry during this chase and get to see a naked baby and a frustrated daddy run by me two or three times.

Tonight, I was in the other bathroom about to take a shower when I heard Brian say, "relax, let it out, let it flow." I thought that surely Ruth was not going in the potty. When Brian had put her on the potty the first time, Ruth had resisted. I had asked her if I sat on the potty would she. And although she had said yes, I went ahead and went to the other bathroom, the thought of going without an audience too enticing.

Brian said that when he put her in the bath she looked at him, peed a little and said, "potty" and stopped peeing. So he grabbed her, put her on the potty and coaxed her to go.

As we both praised her, she smiled the sweetest smile.

Ah, the joys of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment