Four. Four is the number of times last night that Ruth was awake. Four is the number of hours Brian probably slept. I slept a little more. I do know that I got up with her at 3am and was still awake at 4:30. I felt so sorry for her at 3am and wanted Brian to be able to sleep since I knew he had been up with her twice already and has so much trouble going back to sleep that I caved. We haven't gotten her out of bed when she has cried in months. But now that she is sleeping in Grayson's room with a rocking chair, it is harder. She isn't waking up from naps very well and to ease the transition we have gotten into the habit of rocking her when she wakes up. Last night she asked to be rocked. I said no that it was time for bed. Then she said, "Mommy's bed," through tears. So I went to my bedroom, got a pillow for back support and a big blanket and rocked her. But she didn't want to be rocked for long. Then it was "qrib" and then more crying. Needless to say, today has also been stressful.
I have taken her down to one nap a day. She did really well on Saturday and Sunday but today hasn't been so great. A short noontime nap has now resulted in another stint in the crib where she is sort of napping right now. I have too much to do to really nap. We had planned again to go to the mall today. It is chilly outside and looks like snow, although we all know that snow doesn't fall in 50 degree weather. But since we had a rough night, I though a trip to the mall would be too much for Ruth. I guess I was right. Oh well, trying to pack in a season's worth of Christmas window shopping in one trip would be hard anyway. And it won't be long before she and I leave the boys at home and go shopping at Christmastime.
I hear her talking so I guess the nap was just a facade. At least she is having some downtime in the "qrib".
Hmmm...I wonder if it's a seaonal thing. My kids were up like that Friday night. I think I would have a breakdown if I had to deal with it at 9 months preggo. Hope you guys get some good sleep tonight.
ReplyDeleteMaybe Ruth is just trying to reacclimate you to the up-every-few-hours schedule of a newborn. I pray that everyone will fall into a good schedule and be able to get enough rest once Grayson is here! 1 week!!!
I hear ya! Eston has been getting up at least once if not twice every night for the past two weeks. It's killing us! Travis has been good to get up with him more than I have...He doesn't require as much sleep as I do. ( I know you are chuckling as you reminisce about our sophomore year 5-girl room! )
ReplyDelete