Twelve days until I get cut. Twelve more days of pregnancy misery. Twelve more days of heartburn, not being able to breathe and sleeplessness - okay, probably months more of sleeplessness.
Or could it be sooner?
Last night, after we put Ruth to bed and were picking up downstairs I mentioned to Brian that I "feel funny." When he asked how, I couldn't explain, just not right. He said, "maybe you are going into labor." Great. Now that the thought has been planted.....
I awoke at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep until well after 4am. My hips hurt, of course, from all the weight on them and I couldn't breathe well. And then I kept replaying Brian's words over and over in my head.
This morning I woke up not feeling the greatest. Just kinda off, a little achy mainly in the lower back and feeling lots of pressure in the pelvis. When I called my mother she said that is exactly how she felt when she had my second sister and that night her water broke. I called the nurse and she said it could be early labor or I could be getting a cold. She said I could come in and have the doctor check me but that even if I was dilated, they wouldn't cut me until full labor started since I am only 36 and a half weeks. Let's see, be checked like a pregnant cow but with now real benefit? No, thank you. The advice was given to drink plenty of fluid and rest and not to pick up Ruth if I could help it.
Ruth and I had planned to go to the mall today and window shop at all the pretty Christmas decorations. And it is chilly today and looks like snow (although the temperature would have to drop quite a bit for it to snow here). But instead we are staying home resting.
So is this labor? I don't think so but......
Poor thing. Hopefully you won't go into labor now with 12 more days to go. My sister went into labor the night before her c-section with Reagan. The went to the hospital and they gave her medicine to slow everything down and ended up doing the c-section as planned. That was her 3rd. With Olivia, her 4th, she didn't have any problems. But she did describe feeling the way you just did towards the end.
ReplyDeleteDo you feel yourself contracting? It doesn't have to be painful (mine weren't)...just a tightness...like your uterus tightening into a ball. Praying that you and baby stay safe healthy and that Grayson comes whenever he's supposed to come! :-)
ReplyDelete