1) I do not have leukemia nor aplastic anemia. Once we found that out we had some family fun (the museum, see pictures from a previous post). I was still really tired last week, hence some updating on events that had happened in early February. I was tired and needed to rest so updated the blog.
2) Brian has this theory based on a study he found done on lab rats. These lab rats had been injected with Zoloft and have the same blood ratios I do. His theory is that since sertontin (spelling) is used to make bone marrow (thus, red blood cells) and Zoloft controls sertontin, then maybe my red blood and platelets were messed up due to Zoloft (which I take, and these lab rats were given). Make sense? We started decreasing the dose when we thought I would have to have chemo. The blood did not change. Then, once we found out I don't have cancer and had found the study, we decreased the dose again. My energy is coming up a little. So, hopefully, when I go to see the specialist at Emory next week we will see a change in my blood.
3) My mother is in town. She flew in on Sunday. I was tired on Sunday but have had more energy since she has been here. I am not sure if it is how happy I am that she is here or if it is the excessive sugar I have been having surrounding Ruth's birthday (she turned 4 yesterday) or if it is Brian's theory connecting me to these lab rats. We shall see.
Now for the fun. For Ruth's birthday yesterday we (Mom, Ruth, Grayson and I) went to a tea house for lunch. Here are some pictures.
And now for pictures from Ruth's friend party on Saturday. We just did a simple play date at our house and the girls played dress up - that is why Ruth and some of the others are dressed the way they are. I will say, the cutest moment was when the little girls sang "happy birthday" to Ruth. So, so cute. Thanks to all who came. It was so fun to see Ruth with her friends. We missed those of you who couldn't come but totally understand why and would have done the same (so don't feel bad, Heather!). We are just so very thankful to have these precious kids and moms and dads in our lives. And yet again, I didn't get a picture of Ruth and Gray with Nana and Maggie. When will I learn? (Thanks, Nana, for stopping by today and meeting my mom. Really loved that.)
The cake. Thank you Canton Target Bakery
Sarah and Ruth
Giggle girls
The "old lady". Caroline turns 5 in July.
Ruth and Skylee. Skylee is Ruth's gymnastics friend. I don't know which she likes best: gymnastics or her time with Skylee!!!
Ruth and Ava, uh Cinderella
Ruth and Grayson playing starfall.com on Daddy's tablet. Since Brian has the tablet, we don't have to do anything with the kids when they play starfall. They can do it all by themselves. Yet, Brian and still watch. Starfall can really suck you in.
Thanks for stopping by Our Berry Vine.
(think I will start ending my posts with that. you like?)
I think that's a cute way to end your posts. Hopefully, Brian is right on his theory and you won't have anything else to worry about!
ReplyDeleteYes, I like the sign-off...and I love the pictures and the update. I'm really interested to hear what the verdict is from Emory. Glad y'all enjoyed birthdaying with your mom. Can't wait for the kids' birthdays. We are getting really excited to be with family too!
ReplyDelete