Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thanks, Julie

http://thebuslers.blogspot.com/

Julie's post from March 20th is perfect for me.  I am struggling with anxiety, peace and understanding.  All noise from without, within, kids, everything is like nails on a chalkboard.  I cannot stop.  I cannot be at rest and read.  Even this post was hard for me to feel completely at rest.  But it did touch me and I have printed it to post so I can refer to it often.

I deal with shame and guilt.  I listen to lies of Satan.  This post of Julie's calls me out - stop listening to the lies of satan.  He doesn't deserve the credit of my listening. 

Yes, I am dealing with something.  But I have been dealing with something spiritual for alot longer.  I have trouble with forgiving.  Hopefully, this process I have to go through will help me learn to truly forgive and not care about the sins of others but to focus instead on the grace given to me at a gift.  I know those that know me must think "here she goes, getting all churchy".  Maybe if I actually talked and lived more churchy I would be better off.  I was raised in a small town where you didn't talk about your feelings of anythin - not even church.  Old school, right?  Hopefully,  I can become more confident in sharing what I learn about grace.  Hopefully, you will stay with me and help me along to learn about grace.  Even if you think it will make me mad.

More later.

1 comment:

  1. I think Julie's post called A LOT of us out! It was a great post. Hey, we are still interceding for you and believing that whatever God is calling you and your family to walk through right now is a perfecting and refining of your faith...and is going to leave you stronger and fuller than you've ever been. I'm not considering my previous prayers unanswered. I am grateful if this is a right diagnosis because it means a right course of action can be followed. It's just a different answer, and one that God can still use for good. Love you!

    ReplyDelete