Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Friday, February 3, 2012

Nashville

Brian had to work in Nashville today so we drove up with him last night.  Ruth was so excited to so out to eat and stay in a hotel.  Last night they were crazy in the hotel.  It was long after bedtime and Grayson had fallen asleep in the car.  This morning they were equally crazy.  I was thinking it was going to be a long day by myself.

After breakfast and baths, I loaded the kids up in the double stroller, walked a mile to the park across from Vanderbilt.  We first went into Barnes and Noble and I read them several books.  Actually, I think we spent almost an hour there.   We then went next door to a froo froo sandwhich shop, got lunch to go and crossed the street to the park.  We had a picnic, played on the awesome playground and watched squirrels look for food.  Then, when Ruth started to get fussy, we loaded up in the stroller and decided to get a closer look at the Parthenon (spelling?  the replica, of course).  So glad we did.  This led us to some awesome finds in the park:  a fighter plan, a real huge locomotive, and a pretty pond with beautiful ducks and geese.  The kids got a second wind and laughed at the ducks and geese.  We finally headed home.  Grayson fell asleep on the mile walk back.  I am not surprised.  In fact, here in the hotel he is sleeping in the stroller.  I just laid his side down flat.  Ruth is not napping in her bed.  Big surprise.  That means she will be a terror tonight.

Vanderbilt is a beautiful campus and makes me miss the big, old campuses of my college days.  But Fayetteville and Norman were college towns, something Nashville and Kennesaw (KSU, where I work) are not.

Hopefully Ruth will fall asleep and Grayson will stay asleep.  It is only 2 pm here although all of our bodies think it is 3.  How can she still be awake?

No comments:

Post a Comment