The doctor called on her way home. She said that she was stumped. That she was really expecting leukemia but no leukemia markers or aplastic anemia showed up. She is bringing back in the office on Thursday to run more tests. There has to be a reason why my platelets are so very, very low and why my red blood cells are fat. We shall see. Brian has a theory and has been doing pharmacology research. More on that as it develops.
I am afraid that people will think that I was just being emotional and dramatic taking away God's glory in this, because if Brian's theory is correct, watch out, God will be gloried in our lives so very much. I asked Brian last night if he had the same feeling I did on Friday when we left the doctor's office. He said yes. That while I only got the impression that the doctor suspected cancer, he said the doctor flat out told him it was probably cancer. So we both felt the same way over the weekend - scared, powerless and waiting for bad news. While we handled it differently (me emotionally, Brian factually) we were both expecting the same result.
Hopefully more tests will reveal why I am so tired all the time. I hadn't told anyone I was so tired. I blamed the kids for taking all my energy and my husband and the house. I was angry that I didn't have any energy to work out or sew or do what I wanted because I thought my duties to them took all of that energy. But really there is a medical reason. And if Brian's theory is right and I do match the lab rat studies Brian has been reading, then the medical reason will also be a mental and spiritual reason.
So looking forward to finding out the answers and sharing with you what we learn along the way.
Thank you so very much for being with us.
God has been glorified, and it hasn't just been a victory for you and your family...but for all of us who have been praying! I was thinking about what a witness this whole thing has been on facebook to those who don't believe in God or the power of prayer. And how awesome to have a hubby in the medical field who can do research and go to bat for you!
ReplyDelete