Wednesday, August 11, 2010
The Things We Do
I am sitting in Ruth's room on the floor. It is nice. A soft light is coming from under her shade giving the room a subdued appearance. The humidifier is on producing a constant flow of air sound, and of course, the sound machine is churning up the ocean. Why am I in the floor at nap time? Ruth asked me to sit in here and check my e-mail while she sleeps. I put her down over twenty minutes ago and she is still awake. So when she made this request with a sad look on her face, I thought, "why not?" I had planned to work on my choreography for Ballet Arkansas during this time. But surely she will fall asleep soon or allow me to go downstairs at least. You see, Ruth has been paci free ever since her dentist appointment last Monday. That's right, we went cold turkey and she has done remarkably well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray Ruth! That is great!
ReplyDeleteThat is great! What are you choreographing for Ballet Arkansas? That's really exciting!
ReplyDelete