Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Does Life Ever Slow Down?

Well, Ruth has pneumonia.  It is really a very mild case.  No fever, really no symptoms except a very runny nose and a cough.  The only reason I took the kids to the doctor last Friday was because we have a plane trip coming up in a week and a half and I wanted to catch anything early.  Sure enough, the doctor could hear fluid in her lungs and started her on drugs.  Grayson is clear but has had a cough for a month.  I thought it was due to teething at first, then a cold and didn't know if it was another cold. We started him on drugs too just to be sure since Ruth is sick. 

We went ahead and went to a wedding this weekend.  We went to the wedding of Bethany Schnuelle, the daughter of our dear friends Connie and David.  The wedding was BEAUTIFUL and very Christ centered.  Amazing.  And hot.  The kids did very well.  Ruth told us multiple times that day that we were going to a wedding and had to be very quiet.  And every time we pulled up somewhere (the hotel, a restuarant, etc) she would ask if we were at the wedding - even when we were wearing our swimsuits!!  We took the kids to the beach at the lake at Callaway Gardens.  Hopefully this will prepare them for the ocean when we go in a few weeks.

I can't believe I am watching the evening news an they are talking about high school football which starts next week.  School here in our county has already been in session for a week.  Crazy.

Pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I was in NO WAY trying to "one-up" you in my post. I think that anyone with children has challenging weeks, PERIOD! I reallly hope that Ruth and Grayson get totally well before you guys go to the beach! Where are you going? We were thinking about taking the kids to Gulf Shores, but maybe next year. We just got back from Branson. Fun, but tiring! :-) Did you know that Clara Cravey is joining the OU SoD faculty???

    ReplyDelete