Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Friday, August 20, 2010

Alone, Alone, Alone

For the first time since before I was pregnant with Ruth (since being pregnant does not count as being alone since you have a living person inside of you making you sick, kicking you, sucking the life out of you), I am alone.  I am in Little Rock at a hotel.  The kids are at my parents house and Brian is home.  I am here setting a piece on the student company of Ballet Arkansas.

Ruth was great on the plane today.  She really enjoys planes and was just terrific.  Grayson cried some, mostly when I tried to get him to sleep.  I was sitting next to a man with tattoos all over him.  He had really nice eyes, facial hair, and was just taken with Grayson. And Grayson with him.  Grayson kept smiling and tilting his head at him.  I asked the man if he had been in the military.  He said no; he is a biker.  This revealed to me how I have been  prejudiced against people with tattoos.  This man could not have been more kind or helpful.  He was clean cut other than the tats.  He just happens to like bikes and goes to bike weeks and gets tattoos when he is there. 

I am tired.  I will tell you more stories later.

1 comment:

  1. Next time ask about them. Most Tattoos tell a story. I have been amazed how personal they are. It gives you real insite.

    ReplyDelete