Our trip to the pumpkin patch up north with Ruth's little friend Ava (and her mommy and daddy, our friends) was cancelled due to Ava's cold. Just as well since Ruth has now developed a runny nose. Plus, it gave me an opportunity to watch (or actually turn the computer off in a rage) the Hogs lose again. And Brian requested a "Saturday" - meaning he didn't have to go anywhere, was allowed to watch college football and get things done. And boy howdy did we.
Ruth and Brian went to the gym this morning leaving me home alone to work like a crazy woman on cleaning. Then this afternoon Brian and I (mostly Brian since I can't lift much) finished emptying Grayson's room of office stuff. I cleaned the remaining walls left over from last week, Brian moved the changing table to the place I had decided I wanted it and I steam cleaned the carpet. It looks great!!! Brian also cleaned behind the couch in the sun room and put up the curtains he had taken down for me to wash this past week. We also made some headway on some individual projects of our own (shelf making for him, grading papers and sewing for me). Ruth enjoyed playing in the new, wide open space in Grayson's room and playing with some of her old toys that we have put in there for him.
But the best was tonight. Brian gave her a bath and I got her ready for bed. As I was getting her dressed and singing to her "Jesus loves Ruth, this I know, for the bible tells me so," Ruth sang the next line for me "little ones to Him belong" !!!! It is so fun that she is starting to say phrases now and just now words. Yesterday she started saying, "how are you? good."
I am so tired that I can barely keep my eyes open. But Brian is still downstairs - either working or watching football, I can't be sure. I haven't been outside today at all and he hasn't had a shower. Maybe one of us will make a change before bedtime - let's hope it is him.
Most weeks, I spend Mondays recovering from the weekend! :-)
ReplyDeleteWe went to the pumpkin patch/corn maze today. Didn't get squat done on our to do list except for that. The whole drive there I was thinking "I'm not in Nutcracker rehearsals"...and smiling.