Today was (or is) my birthday. All I asked for was time with Brian. He was able to take the day off from work and spend it with me. Here is a run down of the day.
Brian got up before 6am and went downstairs to send some e-mails for work. I woke up but stayed in bed until Ruth cried 15 minutes later. He helped us (Ruth and me) get out the door at 8:30am so we could go to music class. This was a big help since getting out the door with Ruth to be somewhere on time can be stressful. When we got home from music class, we had lunch, Ruth slept and I got to sew. I decided that no grading papers would be done today.
When Ruth woke up, we had a snack and then it was off to shop. We are looking for a big girl dresser for Ruth's room and looked at a second hand one at this lady's house north of here. We then went on our way to go to this stroller store I had heard of in a nearby town. When we finally got to the location, it was no longer there.
We then stopped at two other places and then on to dinner. I picked the same Italian restaurant where I had my big 30th birthday party - the first one here in Georgia. I have eaten at this same restaurant for the past four years and was looking forward to the fifth year in a row at my favorite restaurant. Good bread, good food, free chocolate cake, great atmosphere, good memories. When we got there we found out that the building was empty and that the restaurant had closed!!!!!
However, we found another restaurant for dinner. It wasn't as good as "my place" but Ruth's smiles were just as bright and I am very full right now. The little town was having it's Alive After Five so we walked around the chilly air for a little bit and watched Ruth play with bean bags and then danced to live music. Then it was home for bath time.
Five years ago I would have been very upset over the day not turning out like I expected. But at 35, I was able to roll with it better. While I was disappointed that "my restaurant" was gone, I am so thankful that my husband tried so hard today and that my daughter looked so cute in her sweater set and smiled and laughed so much. Oh, and did I mention that Brian got me a gift after all - a floor steamer for hard wood floors. I am so excited and can't wait to get my hardwood floors super clean.
Well, I'm sure that even though some stuff turned out to be a bummer, just spending time with Brian and Ruth all day made it great! Happy 35 Nat!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a great day. Happy Birthday! By the way, let me know how you like that floor steamer. I want to buy one for our new house since we will have wood floors too.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! sorry, its a little late but I was in SC for a wedding all week.
ReplyDelete