Saturday morning we woke up early, as we always do thanks to Ruth, and started our busy weekend. It was supposed to be cold but sunny on Saturday. But instead we had a cold, windy, and overcast day. But we forged ahead with our plans and had a good weekend.
We took Ruth to a pumpkin patch complete with a hay ride. Thankfully, we arrived only 15 minutes after it opened so the lines weren't too long. We waited for our turn to take the hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and then had our little photo shoot. (Pictures to come soon.) Ruth is not what you would call a patient and willing model. She would rather not look at the camera and then cry and whine when you want her to smile. But I think we got some good shots.
We hurried home so Ruth could nap and Brian and I could rest a little before taking Ruth to Ms. Leigh Ann's. We are so lucky to have Ms. Leigh Ann. Since we don't have any family here she has become the closest thing to family we've got. She invited Ruth out to her house for the afternoon so Ruth could see her horses and play with her dogs and cats. As soon as we pulled into the driveway and Ruth saw Ms. Leigh Ann, Ruth started laughing and jumping in her seat. She knew she was in for a great afternoon of fun.
Brian and I said our good byes and headed down to Atlanta to cheer on the Virginia Tech Hokies against Georgia Tech. As we drove we were able to listen to the first quarter of the Arkansas Razorback game against Florida. You may already know the outcome of both of these games: we lost both. Arkansas, at least, came out looking pretty good against the number one team. VT, since they were ranked so high, didn't fare as well. But we had great seats, didn't freeze too much and only got drizzled on for a few minutes. We were surrounded by some nice GT people, although one jerk up in the stands was quite annoying at the end. I will say that GT doesn't have the greatest game experience (and it was homecoming at that). And all the music that was played over the sound system and the videos on the score board tried to make GT look like a school not only in the ghetto but for the ghetto when in reality GT is full of science and engineering kids, hardly ghetto.
Brian and I have been to four games together (AR vs GA at GA, VT vs Cinn at VT, AR vs AL in AL and VT vs GT at GT) and have watched our teams lose three out of four games (the home VT game being the only exception). I think we may be bad luck.
What was the saddest thing of all was that when we got home around 11pm (Ms Leigh Ann had brought Ruth home and bathed her and put her to bed), Brian stayed up another hour and watch the VT/GT game that he had taped fast forwarding trying to find where VT had gone wrong. It was almost as if he located the "one" moment in the game where VT had ceased being the number 4 team in the nation that he could accept the loss and move on.
He was still talking about the disappointment today.
Today we had planned to rest. It was our day to keep the nursery at 8:15am but when we got there, they didn't need us. Brian and I skipped Sunday school and went to church and heard a great sermon. We then came home, put Ruth down for a nap and worked all the rest of the day stopping only to eat lunch and for about 10 minutes after lunch. I washed two walls in the nursery and vacuumed and steam cleaned half of the room (in addition to other chores). Brian cleaned out my car, moved the filing cabinet out of the nursery, moved the changing table out of Ruth's room and into the nursery, and moved the newly purchased big girl chest of drawers (that we bought and picked up today) to Ruth's room. He moved all that furniture by himself!!! I was very impressed. I got some of the clothes put away in both and am excited to finish this week when I am not grading papers for school.
We have put Ruth to bed early and Brian has just turned in as well. I should go and turn off the computer so my clicking does not keep him awake.
And OU lost too! I was so upset because 2 of my attorneys went to UT. I'm never going to hear the end of it today.
ReplyDeleteI know, Tonia! Why do they always act like they're going to "bring it" and then start to play like idiots in the second half? I just don't understand. I was really pulling for Ark. too...because how awesome would that have been for them to beat Florida???
ReplyDeleteNatalie, we had a great time in Norman, anyway. I was laughing out loud that you entertained the throught that I would be taking class. For one, SoD was totally off for OU/TX weekend...since their big Opera perfomances are all over for the semester. For two, I don't fancy the thought of being scrutinized for my post-twin body and the fact that I haven't taken a full ballet class in ages...amongst all of the beautiful, skinny, awesome baby ballerinas. If you and Tonia would have been there to help me forge through it...maybe! But no, I had plenty of fun playing with my babies and eating lots of delicious food and hanging out with the Lees and Charlotte!
Glad to hear the nursery is coming along. We need pics of Grayson's room and Ruth with the pumpkins!!! :-)