Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Today

Well, if you are a Razorback fan you are used to being disappointed on the weekends. Let's just hope Georgia Tech loses so Virginia Tech can go to the championship.

To echo Jennifer's sentiment (my friend from OU who is lucky enough to live in Northwest Arkansas), Saturdays, and Sundays too, are much better when you don't have Nutcracker rehearsal. This is the first year since moving to Georgia that I have not had to go spend the day in rehearsals. And I love it. I get to watch football with my husband, get things done around the house and go on fun family outings. I love Saturdays!! Thank you, Jen, for reminding me what I am not missing.

Brian is spending the day with his men's group in the North Georgia mountains which means I am currently trying to get Ruth to sleep. Fifteen minutes have passed and she is not asleep. It is tough being Ruth's mom but rewarding as well. Let me tell you a few things she has said lately:

Sometime this week Brian heard her say, "I take a poopie." She has learned to say "How are you? Good." And just today, as we were walking down the hallway after picking her up after the first hour of church (we went to church only and not Sunday school), Ruth announced to us that,"I like milk" and then took a swig from her cup.

Well, the sounds have stopped coming from her room. Either she is fooling me into a false sense of peace or she is really asleep. At any rate, chocolate awaits me downstairs so I bid you farewell for now.

2 comments:

  1. Now, I must say that I do miss being with my little darling dancers, and the tradition of Nutcracker...but now that I get to actually have days OFF in the FALL on the WEEKENDS, it's like this whole new world has opened up. Just like you said: watching football, getting stuff done, and having family time is absolutely the best!!!

    How fun that Ruth is talking in sentences! That is so cool! Today Emma is on a milk fast for some reason. I need her to "like milk" again. Oh well...tomorrow is another day. She'll probably wake up and like it again. She is a girl, after all.

    Hope all goes well while sweet husband is away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was where you two are! I'm sick of Nutcracker and its onliy October. We have our 1st set of shows in 4 weeks. I guess I should probably start running Sugar Plum but I'm just not in the mood at all. For some reason I've had no motivation this year, for Nutcracker or my choreography. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete