I have decided that life is too hard on kids. There is too much pressure to do. And of course, as a parent, I want my kids to do. Thursdays are tough days. Ruth is just worn out from dance on Tuesday evenings and Awana on Wednesday nights. Thursdays all year have been fit days but today has seemed worse. I think she is finally sleeping but the fits wear me out too.
Ruth has been up in arms lately about everything. She gets mad at the drop of a hat. She has a best little friend and I am so pleased she has a best friend but am still sad because now it almost seems as if she doesn't want to have any other friends. And so it begins....
I need to check on Grayson and make sure he is asleep. And then I need to straighten up the house. Since we have never lived in a development before we have never had trick or treaters before. I do not know what happens!!!! What is someone comes in the house? You laugh but remember out of 21 students in Ruth's class almost all of them live in this neighborhood. Chances are one of them will come in the house. I hear Grayson, that is my cue.
Awanas. I loved that when I was little. I think my mom kept some of our stuff from Awanas. I hope Thursdays get easier for you.
ReplyDeleteI can tell you that I have the same thoughts almost everyday: "lets just quit everything, stop being so busy and involved, and just hang out together!" But that's not going to happen. I am totally looking forward to Thanksgiving though. Getting kinda lonely without my little people!
ReplyDelete