I am up late again tonight. Partly because I wanted to clear the DVR of all the royal wedding shows I have taped because watching pre-wedding footage after the wedding just seems wrong. But also partly because Bria has been out of town this week and I haven't had any me time with the kids seemingly needing me so much more this week.
As I watched that silly Lifetime movie and the 20/20 special (did anyone else tear up? I was so glad Elizabeth Vargas did too), I realize something about why I am so excited about this wedding. Yes, I love all things British. Yes, I get excited seeing the places I have visited in England. Yes, I love jewels and weddings and princesses and the Cinderella story and all. But it is more than that. See, I have a prince too.
I may be a little out of sorts with my husband being gone this week and making fun of the movie and all. But I know how Kate feels. I believe that William and Kate really love each other. And I believe they will do some great things. And that is very exciting. Brian is my prince. He loves me even when the house is a mess, the kids are crazy and I am down about so many things. He wants to protect me and provide for me. He wants to earn his own way and do for others. He came into my life when I didn't think I would find anyone and has continued to be an answer to prayer. He and I may not have the "life" of a royal. But we have a royal love.
But guess what? I have two princes. And I will share my second prince with you. His title is so much more grande than the Prince of Wales although His earthly kingdom wasn't so spectacular. He is the Prince of Peace. And I hear that His heavenly kingdom will make the pomp and circumstance of the royal wedding pale.
I would love for you to read two posts, both written on Monday, about how everything in this world is trash compared to Christ's love for us. Please visit these posts and marvel at these women. (read April 25's posts)
http://thebuslers.blogspot.com/
http://teamemmett.com/
yes, I stand in awe of both of those ladies. I read the teamemmett blog wondering why I get to have the existence I have and if we'll ever have to go through something so trying. Christ is truly the most vividly exemplified by those who stand faithful in suffering.
ReplyDelete