Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Little Snow

Finally! We have some snow.  Just a quick update while I finishing pumping before the kids wake.  Maybe I will have time for a cup of tea this afternoon and sit by the big window and watch the beautiful snow fall.  I so wish we lived where it snowed every year and the kids could make snow angels and snow forts like I did when I was growing up.  Seems like I remember my sister Malory wanting to put rocks inside snow balls.  Sounds like something she would want to do.

The snow is very large flakes.  I taught today at KSU and got to walk across campus in the light snow.   All the students were very excited.  It took me back to my student days at Arkansas and OU.  Snow seems to bring people together.   It is magical and seems almost to glitter as it falls.  I would like to take Ruth out to stand in it while it falls.  Hopefully, the baby will stay asleep for a bit so I can.

Beautiful, beautiful snow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy that you finally got some! Unfortunately, it's really been too bitterly cold here for us to go out and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I'm sure Ruth will have a good time.

    ReplyDelete