Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Friday, January 22, 2010

Heavy Weight Champ

At Grayson's follow up appointment with the urologist, Grayson weighed in at 12 pounds 8 ounces with a dry diaper (which means he is really 12.5 probably). That is huge!!!! He is going to have to have surgery, probably in August. He has smiled a few times but not many.

Ruth and Grayson are just so different. At this age Ruth was already smiling quite a bit and laughing and cooing. Of course, Ruth talks all the time now. I still can't get her to give up the pacifer or sit on the potty. But she is doing great in the big bed and is finally wanting to hang out with me again. She has started to pull Grayson's ears or pinch his cheeks some. But overall, she is still very sweet to him and a good helper. She loves to help me cook and I let her do the pouring when we make pancakes and the like.

After eating every 3 hours practically since birth, Grayson has finally started to give us a break. We can get 4 to 5 hours out of him at least once a night. We have also started not feeding him as soon as he cries during the day. I think we were over feeding him and thus the almost 4 pound weight gain since birth in 7 weeks. I remember it was hard to get Ruth to eat 2-3 ounces a time at 3 months (due in great part to the reflux) and Grayson has been eating 4 -5 ounces at a feeding every since we started him on the bottle around 3 weeks ago. I am down to pumping once a day and will stop that sometime next week. Then, after the frozen milk is gone, he will be totally on formula. I feel a little sad and a little guilty - but as my champion mother friend Munns (Kim Munns Johnson) says, "happy mom, happy baby".

Brian is doing well. He is tired most of the time, of course, since he works so hard and is getting the same amount or less of sleep that I get. (he is a light sleeper).

I think that is the update for today. We just got back from sewing class and both kids are asleep for the time being. It was the first time I had ventured out with both kids by myself other than to run a quick errand. We survived - barely. I took both kids our of the church with them screaming at the top of their collective lungs.

And I didn't even blink.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I would love to see more pictures of the heavy weight champ and sweet sister! Hope you have a nice weekend. I am itching to get into the dirt on a sunny day, but I know it is still way to early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like he's growing great. We are cringing thinking about his surgery. Poor little guy! Sounds like you are getting into the swing of being mommy of 2...just tune out the screaming! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zumba is a pretty intense aerobics class with combos based on Latin dance (merengue, salsa, chacha, cumbia) and also a little bit of hiphop. It's really fun, and burns like 600 cals per class. I LOVE it!!!

    We are planning on coming to the reunion. :-)

    ReplyDelete