Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Hardest Walk

Yesterday, Brian and I took the kids on a hike at Red Top Mountain.  We actually hiked the trail where we got engaged and were able to show the kids the spot.  It was over three miles and tougher than I remember.  Of course, that was on October 14, 2005.  So many things have happened since then, not to mention two kids, aplastic anemia, a current cold and 40 - 50 more pounds on me alone.  The kids rode some of the time in the double stroller, which Brian pushed up and down hills and over rocks and tree limbs; thank goodness for Baby Jogger and rough terrain tires.  We made the kids walk some as well.  Grayson had a great time and insisted on being the leader pointing out the painted trail markers along the way.  Ruth did pretty well but got tired.  In fact, as Brian and Grayson surged ahead at the end, I ended up carrying Ruth on my back.  Over all, they did very well. And so did I.  That was easily the hardest workout I have had since February so I am quite proud of myself, although I spent the better part of the rest of the day nursing my sore body. 

We stayed home from church today due to my cough.  I am afraid that my seasonal cough has turned into something worse and I fear my results at clinic this coming Wednesday.  We can hope for the best.  I have a procedure at my OB/GYN this Friday and need to have normal platelets and ANC in order to have that procedure.  Wish me well.

Here are some fun pictures from our hike.  Notice Ruth's new purple glasses.



1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I hope clinic goes well for you this week!

    ReplyDelete