Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Monday, September 10, 2012

Dress

I had this old Arkansas shirt that didn't fit me anymore.  I decided that since Ruth only has a Razorback skirt I made her last year, she needed another Razorback outfit.  (This was, of course, decided before the disaster of Saturday)

So last night, I laid out my shirt, laid one of Ruth's shirts on top of it, cut it out, cut down the sleeves and sewed it all back together.  Now Ruth has a cute little dress.


1 comment:

  1. Man you are talented.

    About your previous church post, I know how hard it can be to find a baptist church that you fit in to. I love the hymns and you're right, not a lot of people do that anymore. They call it contemporary service. Well, I don't like it. I find a lot of Baptist churches still judge you, even though we're not supposed to judge each other. Maybe every church regardless of religion is like that and I just don't know because I mainly have been at baptist churches.

    I would've been up set at your sewing circle too. Except I probably would have said something like, "look lady, I come here to get away from my kids. Please let me get away from yours too." Just kidding. It would've been more like, "You know they offer free child care here. It'd probably do you some good to have some quiet time with a new baby."

    As far as your classes go, you're definitely not alone. I feel like my kids have out grown me. They've hit a plateau and no matter how I describe something or approach things differently, they just don't change. Extremely frustrating, but they still need us. Keep your head up.

    I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope everything is okay.

    I wonder how long of a comment I can actually post without it cutting me off. This was pretty long.

    ReplyDelete