Our timeline to build has been extended due to my health issues and the dream house plan has been changed somewhat. The land usually has three horses on it since the land had been leased out as pasture and we just continued that lease. But tonight, when we drove out to the land for a picnic and for Brian to walk the land, the horses had been taken somewhere for what Brian was able to get out of the person leasing the land as "maintenance work". So we didn't have to share our picnic with the horses!
You might be curious how we had planned to have a picnic with three horses walking around us. We solve that problem. We like to have picnics in the back of Brian's truck! We have done this many times: at parks, at the lake, when watching parades and now on our land. It is quite over grown and is covered with thistles. Yes, thistles have pretty flowers but are horrible plants ruining pasture land and yards and gardens. Those will have to go. After we ate, Brian walked around and then came back and drove us around in the truck. Had there been cows on the land I would have felt like I was back home in Arkansas on the farm. And now, without further ado, here are some pictures.
This will be the view off our back porch. The power pole will be moved. And you may not be able to tell, but there is a lake behind the tree line. The lake is not on our land. But Brian and I drove out to the land before we put an offer on it after a date and the moon was shining on the lake......that is when we knew this was home.
View to the right from the "back deck"
To the right. This will probably be our front yard.
Just a wider view of the land
Brian in what he calls "Thistle Corner"
View looking "off the deck" to the left
We had hoped to be in the new house by 40 but since we are 37.5, that may be pushed back some. But as Brian told me when I was in the hospital, "what good would it be to be in the house by 40 if I didn't have a wife at 50?"
In other news, Grayson is getting so big only remnants of his babyhood still remain. Ruth is Ruth - still talking up a story and trying to tell everyone what to do. Brian is planning what kind of tractor he will get. I seem to be responding to treatment so we hope no bone marrow transplant will be needed. My face is still puffy and I want to lose the weight I've gained from months of not being able to work out. I am slowly increasing my exercise. It seems I have a good day and then the next day am too tired to exercise. But every day I can is hopeful.
We are so glad you care enough to keep reading.
And Thanks for Stopping by Our Berry Vine.
Awesome. I love all of the hope, and good things to look forward to. It's a beautiful piece of land, and I know your home will be beautiful, and you'll fill it with love and wonderful memories. So exciting! So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYou'll have plenty of time to exercise and lose whatever weight you've gained while you were sick. Don't dwell on it. Just think about getting better and everything else will just fall into place.
ReplyDeleteI totally know how you feel though. With every injury I've had, it prevented me from exercising. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though and you'll soon be able to get back to your normal routine!
Besides, no matter how small or big you are, you're still beautiful!