I woke up at 3am and was unable to go back to sleep. At 4am, Grayson came into our room and said, with shrugging arms, "Me no find monkey." Try as we might, we can't get Grayson to start sentences with "I". He is also becoming like his sister having to sleep with Bear, then Monkey, then Glowey (a glow worm) and now he has added his Lightening Macqueen and Mater pillows. He can't sleep unless all are present and accounted for.
But I got to snuggle with his soft little body. He is quickly losing his baby-ness. I took him back to his room and would have just slept in there with him but today is clinic day and I was afraid I would oversleep.
This, of course, counts on me going back to sleep.
So I went back to my room with Grayson soon to follow, running into a wall and crying and then cuddling with me some more. Around 4:45 I started to drift off to sleep but then Brian's first alarm went off and that means get up because it is clinic day.
How I wish I could stay home and cuddle some more with him. But I have all week, the Lord willing. Ruth is in a morning VBS this week. She seemed to like it yesterday and has memory verses and everything. But we are getting a glimpse of what Ruth will be like in school as she is only half interested in working on her verse.
Well, Brian is out of the shower and that means it is time to go downstairs for breakfast. My next bone marrow biopsy is July 17th. I will post what my numbers are on our caringbridge website. Until then,
Thanks for stopping by Our Berry Vine
Cute! I'm glad you got to snuggle with him.
ReplyDeleteMost of the time, I'm just thrilled when my children sleep...period. But every great once in a while, I feel like going in and getting them just to cuddle, because I miss doing that when they were babies. Sometimes I'm okay with it when they wake me up at zero hour so I can get some sleepy love. :-)
ReplyDelete