Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Washer and Dryer

Our new washer and dryer were delivered today.  We got a top loader with a glass lid.  The kids and I have enjoyed watching laundry spin and spin.  I am amazed at how much I can get in one load (2 queen size duvet covers, one pillow sham, 2 queen sized fitted sheets, one queen size flat sheet and two pillowcases).  Brian has said for quite some time that a new washer and dryer would cut my work time down (basically, ever since we had Ruth) but I kept saying we would get one when we moved.  But since we are not planning to move in the foreseeable future, we went ahead and got one.  My dryer wasn't working well and kept tearing up clothes.

But the new washer is bittersweet.  It has a cycle called "baby" clothes or items; I can't remember.  How I used to separate laundry and only do baby clothes by themselves.  Now, it is a free for all.

And, I have the washer and the dryer running and G is asleep and Ruth is down for a quiet time.  That could have never happend in the past.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Hopefully this will give you a lot more free time to do other things.

    ReplyDelete