Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Not again

I sat down at the computer planning to prepare for class tomorrow but before I began, I followed a link on a blog that was up on my screen from my last session.

This blog, written by a mother somewhere, was started because her 4th child, a son, died in his sleep.  She writes that on Jan 22, 2011 the family woke up to find him dead in his sleep. 

Of course, this scares me.  I thought SIDS was gone after one year. I also worry about my children quite a bit.  And this past week I have really fallen in love with Grayson. 

How do people survive such pain?  I know the answer - God's grace.  I hope I never have to experience such pain. 

It took both kids a long time to go to sleep today and Grayson did lots of screaming.  Now, I just want to go wake them up.

But I won't.  I will say a prayer of thanksgiving and protection for them.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I hear you. When Alec was an infant, the ONLY way he would sleep was on his tummy. I think it had a lot to do with his reflux. It made me crazy nervous. I would wake up all the time to feel his back and make sure he was breathing. Anyways, I just prayed and prayed and prayed that both of them would keep breathing everynight and not suffocate. It is a devastating thing and I can't imagine. I'll bet Grayson is a sweet little bear. How's the big 3 year old sister?

    ReplyDelete