Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Monday, March 28, 2011

Pretend Play and Raging Rash

Ruth's pretend play is beyond what I would expect from a three year old (so I must be out of touch of what three year old pretend).  I can't even begin to explain what Brian and I listened to while Ruth was playing in the bath and he and I were waiting for her in the bedroom.  But, I can tell you what she said downstairs before bath.

I was on the couch.  Brian was throwing a ball at Grayson (not with him, mind you, but at him).  Ruth came to me and said she was going to the store to get me new glasses.  She proceed to walk around the back of the chair with her beaded purse over her shoulder and said to the pretend clerk, "Hi, I'm Ruth and I know everything.  I would like to order some glasses."

Now I understand why Ruth is so headstrong and says stuff to us like "I am never going to do...." - she thinks she knows everything!!!!!!

Grayson must be cutting another tooth.  He has 8 in front and one in back and another one in back just barely through the surface.  He is fine, until you change his diaper.  His frequent stools are making his butt serve as a back up night light.  Brian thinks we could probably pass him off as  monkey - provided the zoo keeper only look at his bottom.  Yes, it is that red.  Poor little guy.  He makes lots of sounds and hopefully they will turn into words soon.  By this age (16 months) Ruth was already talking quite a bit.  Grayson can say "mama, dada, uh-hu, uh-o" and, are you ready for this: "cracker" and "tractor".  Hey, he likes crackers and tractors.
Hopefully I will get videos up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I think its great how imaginative Ruth is when she plays. My sister says with each kid you have, the less they end up talking because they have someone else doing it for them. My parents didn't know I could talk until after I turned 2. My sister had a big mouth!

    ReplyDelete