Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Saturday, July 3, 2010

We Did It in 38!

We ran our second 5k this morning.  Brian, again, pushed the double stroller.  This course was flatter than the last and more boring since we ran one way, turned around, ran another way, turned around and then crossed the finish.  And more runners.  And more strollers.

But we crossed the finish line at 38:00 minutes - that means we did one minute and 55 seconds faster than the last time.  Brian is so sweet to stay with me encouraging me the entire time.  He could finish so much faster without me.

The kids were again great.  Grayson slept through most of the race and Ruth cheered us on.

After the 5k and the one mile run, they had a tot trot.   This race was only about 500 yards.  I sent Brian to run with Ruth and Grayson and I cheered them on at the finish line.  As Ruth was running down the stretch holding Brian's hand, people on the side line cheered.  Ruth was smiling so big that her eyes were almost closed.  It was so sweet.  I wish I had taken the video camera with me.  She got a purple ribbon today for her great run.  And she didn't finish last either.  We are so proud of our sweet little girl.  Next year, Grayson can join her in the race.  We hope to make running in 5k a new family tradition.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the new posts! Congrats on a great finish in the 5K!!! I have to get back into running. I got pretty burnt out after my last Nike challenge and took a full 2 weeks off. Now I've just been running sporadically and need to get back into my daily routine. 2 miles is killing me right now.

    Ruth looks adorable with her ponytails! I love them and Grayson is so sweet. Love those babies!

    ReplyDelete