I was so angry today when, yet again, Ruth wouldn't eat and Grayson wouldn't sleep and I only had about 20 minutes of overlap of both kids sleeping before Grayson started waking up and then Ruth and then Grayson.
But tonight as I fed Grayson his last bottle and Brian was giving Ruth a bath God reminded me of something. Before I got married and had children I used to get really lonely in hot weather. I am talking really hot weather. Weather that is so hot it is too hot to swim or eat or do anything other than sit under a fan and breathe - weather like today.
Weather like that makes me lonely. But not today.
Today I had my husband working from home this afternoon and I had two children that didn't nap long. And everyday I have Ruth who talks my head off and sings too loudly. And everyday I have Grayson who crawls all over this house getting into things that he shouldn't so I have to follow him around and pull him off those things. I don't get to sew that much, exercise that much, dance that much, choreograph that much, clean that much or do much of anything that much.
And I love it.
But don't tell anyone.
Because then I can't complain when I get frustrated.
I hear ya, girl. About the time I start to complain, I too am reminded that I could still be trying to have some babies to complain about! Hoping you get a nice rest tomorrow...sometime!
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha. Sometimes it takes a moment to be reminded of what we should be greatful for...even if its the little things.
ReplyDelete