No, I did not misspell sooie. I just wrote in Ruth speech.
Every morning this week Brian has been out the door either right as Ruth wakes up or before she wakes up. It has been a tough week. Toward the end of the week I was very tired so when Ruth and Grayson woke each other up before 6:00 am, I put them in bed with me in hopes one or both would go back to sleep so I could get a little more rest. I put Grayson in bed between Ruth and me and kept the room dark. Grayson was quiet. Ruth was quiet. I thought, "this is going to be great." Then, heard Ruth saying something but couldn't understand her since I allowed her to bring the pacifer with her to my bed. It took two to three times before I understood her and it wasn't really until I looked over and through the dark saw her lying on her back with her arms straight up to the ceiling that I understood what she was doing: she was calling the hogs.
(if you do not know what this is or how to do it, I encourage you to ask me, any Arkansan or look it up on the internet)
Then, Saturday night at dinner in a lull of conversation between Brian and me, Ruth very quietly started calling the hogs again. She has the arm motions down even pulling down both arms and "cheerleading" one arm back up. The only thing, instead of saying "sooie" she says "soodie".
I still bet she has better grammar than some Razorback fans even if she adds a "d" to the word.
I'll bet you were so proud that you didn't even care that she wasn't going back to sleep!
ReplyDelete