Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One Giant Sit Towards Freedom

On Monday afternoon I could tell that Ruth needed to go potty.  I put her on the potty and she sat there very nicely for about 10 minutes but nothing happened.  I told her I was going to give her a fresh diaper and that if she had to go poopie, she needed to tell me.  She agreed.  We went to Grayson's room, I put him in the crib and started putting away laundry.  I heard Ruth say to Grayson, "Grayson, I'm pooping."  Great.  I ran her to the bathroom but too late.  Her diaper held the prize.  So I left her on the potty and went to get a clean diaper.  I put a few clothes away while in there.  When I returned Ruth had pooped some more in the potty!!!  I was so proud of her.  Her response, "Mommy, what is that?" 

Brian took her to get ice cream when he got home.  Ruth told him on the way that they were going "to lick it". 

Last night, Ruth came to me before bath crying a little.  I had been so caught up in the snow that I had forgotten to change her diaper pretty much all afternoon.  I know, I am a horrible mom.  She had peed and it had no where to go but out the diaper.  Poor kid was wet all over.  Brian wasn't ready for the bath yet so I put her on the potty while I cleaned up her clothes.  When she got up to get in the bath, she had peed in the potty!!!

Then, this morning, again I could tell she needed to go.  I asked her four times if she wanted to sit on the potty and the fourth time she said yes.  It didn't take her long.  She pooped in the potty!!!

Saturday Ruth turns two.  I thought we would never get her potty trained.  I know she isn't trained.  But she is finally willing to start the process.  We are so proud.

In Grayson's world:  he has slept all morning waking only for our trip to the bank.  I had to wake him up to feed him at lunch and he promptly went back to sleep.  This has given Ruth and me some quality time and now is giving me some time before I go to work tonight, my last night at Dekalb County School of the Arts.

2 comments:

  1. I am so super excited for you guys! Isn't it amazing how all of a sudden, it's just the right time?! I know you are feeling relieved! What do you guys have planned for her birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Hopefully she'll progressively get better. I'm sure it will make life easier on you.

    How was your last night at Dekalb?

    ReplyDelete