Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Waiting

I am stressed.  What else is new.

The house actually had very little that needed to be fixed after inspection and Brian can do most of it.  We are going to give the new buyers the pre-agreed upon money to fix the one big thing.  However, the inspector said tat there is rust in the corner of the gutters on the front porch and recommended we repair or replace them.  We said we could repair them.  The buyer's agent says we must replace.  So, we find ourselves wanting to walk away from this deal but are unable to due to Georgia law.  We were supposed to sign a lease on a rental house today, moved it to Friday and now find out we are going to probably lose the rental due to this issue.  Finding a rental shouldn't be hard, you say.  And it wouldn't.  But there are only six houses for rent in our school district and this one and one other are the only ones in our price range and still $200 over our mortgage at that.  The other house isn't available until almost a week after we close.  And I had gotten myself all excited about the house we selected to rent. 

Now can you understand my stress?

There are two other pretty stressful things going on right now in our lives but since other people are involved, I am not at liberty to share those exact issues yet.  I thought if I wrote I would feel better or come to some sage advice to give myself about the sun rising again tomorrow.  But instead the stress is growing will keep me up I am sure.

Tomorrow I have a two and a half hour workshop to go to while the kids are at school.  I sense a stop at Panera Bread on the way for refreshments to help me wake up.

3 comments:

  1. It definitely doesn't help you out now, but one day soon you'll have your own beautiful house that you designed yourself on your wonderful plot of land. In the meantime, I'll be praying that everything works out quickly and smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been almost a month since your post. What's going on with your house situation? I hope everything is working out for you. I know you were busy with school/work stuff.

    ReplyDelete