Grayson had his last bottle of breastmilk on Thursday. I am a little sad. But it was a choice I made. Ruth is doing very well. Brian and I are very tired. He went to Target headquarters in Minn, MN last Sunday through Wednesday and I was home alone with the kids. We did fine. Bedtime and getting ready in the morning were difficult times. I haven't caught up on the lost sleep and Brian hasn't from his trip either.
In other news, Brian is very busy with work and I am stressed thinking about how fat I still am and how fat I will look while at my graduate school reunion in April. I really hate that everyone will have pictures of me looking like this. It is literally what I think about in the middle of the night when I feed Grayson.
The kids are napping - for now. Brian and I are going to try to catch up on our recorded shows. Now it is time for Lost.
I know it's not going to make you feel any differently, because its pretty much ingrained in our systems to be THAT body/weight conscious, but for what it's worth...I know you will look beautiful. You've had two babies. I've had two babies. Erika's had two babies. And I know that your two babies are much more precious to you than your grad school body. (And yes...I'd love to go back to that body- even though it still wasn't good enough- oh but I won't continue in that direction.) But anyway...I know you'll be your regular, fabulous self! :-)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jen. Dancers have a screwed up idea of what a good body looks like. Ask any normal person and they'll say most dancers are too thin or boyish looking. I've seen pictures of you pregnant and you still have that gorgeous face. And from what I read on your blog, you're still just as hilarious and as wonderful as ever. You have a family now with 2 children...one very recent. Most people would kill to have what you have. I know I would. I always get jealous when I'm around my friends that are married and have kids because that's something I've always wanted. So, who cares what your body looks like. Your baby weight will come off when its ready to and the only person that you need to be concerned with looking good for is Brian. And I'm sure he thinks your beautiful.
ReplyDeleteFYI- I'm still pissed I can't go to the reunion and get to see everyone. I miss you guys.