Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Saturday, November 9, 2013

This is going to be a long post.  First, I feel a little better after my walk.  What did Paul say in the bible?  Something about a thorn in the flesh?  Well, this struggle of home/work/fulfilling unrealistic expectations is my current thorn.
 
 
But let me share with you one of my greatest successes as a mother.  Last summer after Safety Town and bible school, I decided to have Camp Berry.  It was a week that I did nothing but focus on the kids and we had special activities planned each day.  Let me show you.
 
Monday:  we all wore green, went to the library and got the kids their own library cards.  Our game was Dragon Tag (which I can't remember how to play) and we painted handprints and footprints of the kids. Our song was the hokey pokey.  Tuesday: We wore red, went to the playground, played old maid and memory, glued pictures and sang "do your ears hang low".  Wednesday: We wore yellow, went swimming, played crazy 8, painted, and sang "deep and wide".  Thursday: we wore blue, went to the movie, played go fish and our craft was stickers.  We didn't get a song in on this day.  Friday: we wore black, went on a nature "I spy" walk and played hopscotch.  There was no craft or song - we ran out of time.
 
Here are our pictures:

 
 
At the library




Tuesday - Playground


Swimming on Wednesday with Grayson's girlfriend Katelyn.

Katelyn's older sister Lauren.




The morning dollar movie.  I think it was Ice Age 2

We had not yet moved into the rental house.  We colored a grid of things to look for on a walk and went to the development to walk on the sidewalks and look for things like a red chair (on someone's porch), a blue flower, etc.


This is not from Camp Berry but from July 3 when we took the kids to see Despicable Me 2 on opening night.




Ruth and her friend Caroline at Caroline's birthday at the end of July.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Camp Berry pictures! How fun. I understand your feelings about being "all in" as a working mom or "all in" as a stay at home mom. I think there are a lot of us who wish we could give 100% to both. I know you are a great momma and a great teacher as well. And I know you wear lots of other hats too. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete