Brian had to fly to Memphis early Tuesday morning so we made a cake on Monday and sang "Happy Almost Birthday" to Ruth Monday night. She got to open presents today and will have her birthday party on Saturday. This will make her birthday a week long celebration. She had a friend come home with her from school today. And, of course, I took cupcakes to her class today.
The funny thing is, even though Ruth has a friend over, I bet she would love to take a nap. She doesn't want to play dress up - she just wants to rest. But she is being the good hostess and is playing a game with her friend.
The reason my kids are so tired is my fault. With Brian out of town, I had the kids sleep with me last night. It was really windy and I thought we would be together in case, er, a tree fell on our house. Yes, I said it. So, none of us slept well. I finally made Grayson go to his own room at 3:30am. However, I woke up at 12:30am and did not go back to sleep. I just could not. So today we are all tanked.
I will post pictures later. This post has been over two hours in the writing as Ruth, Gray and the guest have needed some parental direction. Right now they are coloring life size tracing of themselves on the kitchen floor.
My baby girl is five. (That was supposed to be the subject of this post but when you write in shifts you forget what you were.......saying).
Five, already? It seems like you just had her the other day. She's so grown up!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try to hold it together on April 4th when my kids turn 5. I get choked up thinking about this huge milestone and Kindergarten coming up. I hope you all enjoyed your week of Ruth celebrations! Happy birthday from Northwest Arkansas, Ruth!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I have to go breathe into a paper bag now...