Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Monday, December 13, 2010

Blonde Children

Seeing two blonde, naked children chase each other laughing before bedtime can cure just about anything that ails your heart.

How do you view your legacy?  For some it is amassing large amounts of land, money, possessions, etc.  That has not and hopefully never will be me.  I am more than the figure I am worth on paper.  I am more than my job title or paycheck.  It is very, very sad to me that some people get to the end of their lives and still worry about what people will think of them when they are gone. News flash: you cannot take money with you.  But you can leave behind a legacy with your relationships. 

I yearn to hear well done, my good and faithful servant.

And by the way, in case anyone isn't clear: being a Believer, a child of God, a Christian does not mean one is perfect.  It means one has been forgiven and has been made perfect in the eyes of the Lord.  Just as you can't earn someone's love on earth as love is a choice, nothing I (or you) can do will ever earn God's love.  He gives it to us, no strings attached.  No amount of money in the bank required. No amount of work ethic needed.  No amount of worrying about what other people think.  No amount of trying to please the unpleaseable.

God chooses to give, bless, love and forgive.  And He does it through His Son, Jesus Christ the Lord.

I am not perfect.  I yell at people.  I say mean things.  I have contempt in my heart towards some.  I get angry at injustice and stupidity.  I know these are sins yet I do them anyway.  Didn't Paul say something about doing the very things he wishes not to do.  I will never be 'good enough' to earn Christ's love. 

But I don't have to be.  He loves me.  He loves you. 

It is hard to truly understand these truths until experience both kinds of love.  I have.  I have experienced the kind of love that is given freely.  Praise the Lord for Brian.  And I recently was told what I had to do to earn someone's love.  That is not the kind of "love" that interests me or edifies me.

Two prime examples of ways we can view God:  Someone who demands that we earn His love (false god) or the one true loving Savior who loves us regardless of our sin.

3 comments:

  1. I love your post, I love Jesus, and I love your nakey blonde children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen & amen!!! So encouraging...thanks, Mrs. Natalie! =)

    ReplyDelete