Last Thursday we left the house around 7am, 30 minutes later than we had wanted to leave. We drove down to Emory where Grayson had his eye probed and the clogged tear duct opened up. Please note, at Emory they do this without putting the child under - as long as the child is under a year. I am so glad we chose to do this without having to put poor Gray under again. He only cried because he was restrained. We weren't allowed in the room but after the 5 minutes it took, he was completely calm.
Then we headed to Pigeon Forge to meet Brian's parents for a weekend. The drive up there was very pretty. We stopped at Black Rock (please read it in the Lost French lady voice) National Park for a picnic. Ruth and I had a great time on the playground while Brian and Gray took pictures of the view.
On Friday, Brian's parents watched the kids and Brian and I went on a very difficult eight mile hike to this huge waterfall. It took us five hours round trip. We had a great time and got to really talk. Every time Brian and I get to be alone in nature like that and work together to cross the water on rocks and narrow foot bridges and try to meet our goal back to the car I think I fall in love with him all over again.
I had wanted to write more but I have work to do and I am not feeling well. Until next time....
So glad you got to have some awesome Natalie and Brian time on your birthday. What a fun day. Makes me want to hike! Hope you feel better, too. I just started an antibiotic for a sinus infection. Yuck.
ReplyDeleteEston had to have his tear duct opened when he was a year old. They put him to sleep though. It's looking like we may have to do the same with Anna. Hopefully hers will open up soon! Sounds like you had a great birthday!
ReplyDelete