Traditional Portrait

Traditional Portrait
July 2014

Friday, June 18, 2010

Return to Blogging

On Sunday, June 13, we drove to my parents. It was a good trip considering the age of the kids. On Monday, Brian and I left the kids with my parents and drove to Little Rock. This was the first time Ruth, and Grayson too for that matter, had been away from both of us overnight. Ruth has been away from Brian several times and away from me last summer but never both of us at the same time. I must say Brian and I thoroughly enjoyed being able to talk in the car without someone from the back seat crying, talking, yelling at us or telling us what song to play. We also slept until 8am Tuesday morning and would have slept late on Wednesday but we had set the alarm to get up and run before it got too hot.




Arkansas was usually hot for June. The air was so humid stepping outside almost forced one to start gasping for air. I bet I could have wrung a washcloth and got enough water to make sweet tea (which, by the way, many restaurants in Little Rock do not serve – I had forgotten this and after living in Georgia for six years and South Caroline two years prior, this was a shock to my system).



Why were we in Little Rock without the kids you ask? Well, I was meeting with a ballet company to consider possible opportunities with them for both the immediate and distant future. After careful consideration, we reluctantly decided to decline the immediate opportunity but continue to pursue future endeavors. It was a hard decision to make and we were both disappointed but believe this is the right decision for our family. Thank you to all of you who prayed for us.



We met some really great people and got to see one “old” friend. I hope that our paths will cross again with these people. I met a fellow Lost fan who also is a big Dave Matthews Band fan. We met a former Miss Arkansas who is just a really neat lady. It was a great trip not only because of the cool people we met but also because Brian and I were one with this decision.



We got back late, late Wednesday night. Both kids are still recovering. I am too. Grayson had his six month appointment today. I guessed that he weighed 17 pounds, 14 ounces. He actually weighs 17 pounds, 15 ounces – and that is only in the 35%!!!! But he is in the 74% for height. I guess there are a lot of fat babies out there!!!!!



Oh, and Brian bought me an embroidery machine. It was much cheaper in Little Rock than it is here so we went ahead and got it. I have been having fun learning what it can do but think I need some private tutoring!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment