On Wednesday, Ruth's class had her class Christmas program. I knew from what Ruth told me that she was an angel, that there was a dancing Christmas mouse named Milton, that they sang Rudolph and that there were three wise men and Mary and Joseph and even a star. I assumed that the program would have one of the teachers narrate and talk about how these other things were fun but that the real meaning and purpose of Christmas was to celebrate the birth of our Savior. But no. It was just one song to the next. But the kids did a great job. I was expecting Ruth to stand still and do nothing like she did last summer at the bible school program but she sang and did all the movements and even rang her bell the hardest of all the angels. Nana (Leigh Ann) and Maggie even came to watch which was so special since none of our family could be here. And we all went out for ice cream after the show.
(Maggie and Grayson gearing up for the show)
On Thursday, each class had their own Christmas parties. Brian was able to attend so we took turns going back and forth to each class. The kids wore jammies to school and ate snacks. I had been running around like crazy the entire rainy morning. It is amazing how much work having kids in school is!! There were teacher gifts to make and sugar cookies to make for the kids to decorate in Ruth's room and a pizza to buy for Gray's room among other things. But the parties were so fun. It was great to see the kids with their friends and sit in their little tiny chairs.
On Friday night we did our family tradition of going to eat at Marietta Diner and then going to see the lights at Life University. We were ahead of traffic this year which was nice. But we still parked and walked in instead of paying to park there (zero dollars that way). It was so cold with the wind that the kids wanted to stay in the stroller under the warm blanket. Grayson didn't go as crazy as I thought he would but did I mention how cold it was? Then we went back to the car and drove through again and down the side streets and the kids loved that too. Brian loved the heat. The cold makes me feel like it is finally Christmas.
Bracing themselves against the wind!
This morning (Saturday), Brian went to get a hair cut and took Grayson with him. Ruth and I had a girls morning and did some shopping on Main Street but did lots of window shopping. We even went into a real jewelry store just for fun!!! Ruth loves sparkles. And our stop at the grocery store was fun too - seems all the older people wanted to talk to us. I guess I was having so much fun with just Ruth and she was laughing so much (instead of fighting with her brother) that we drew some attention. And the last older man we talked to was from England! We got to wish him a brilliant day and a smashing Christmas.
We haven't been to church since the very first Sunday in the month and I am so looking forward to church in the morning and Christmas Eve service at our former church - Johnson Ferry. It will be so good to see, smell and sing of Christmas.
My entire family, save one brother-in-law who is deployed, came to Georgia last weekend. I will post pictures of that another day. It was a short but good visit.
Thanks for stopping by Our Berry Vine.
It sounds like you've had your hands full. I love the picture of the kids together with Grayson's head down so you can see the spiderman face on his hat. I'm glad you got your cold weather for Christmas. Post more pictures!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
Great pictures! Those lights look awesome. I've become like the worst blog updater ever. I just got the Christmas decorations put away. So, that will be one of the next things on my list to get done! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete