I remember being home my spring semester of my freshman year (that would be 1994). I was with my friend Jeff. As we drove away from Sonic Dave Matthews Band came on the radio singing the song "So Much to Say" and my friend said, "They keep saying they have so much to say but yet that is all they say."
And that is exactly how I feel.
I should be cleaning the house or grading some of the 80+ papers I have left to grade before next Tuesday. I could be assigning grades to the 22 research papers I graded the week before Thanksgiving break. I could be exercising. But I am doing none of those things. I am watching some of my favorite sitcoms on On Demand. Grading 80+ papers over break has broken my brain and the thought of doing any more school work is more than I can handle at the moment.
I think to myself, "I can do it after the kids go to bed." But I usually fall asleep. And even now I think "I can read them this weekend." But I will have to clean the house on Friday, which is Grayson's birthday, to get ready for his party which is Saturday morning. And then the party and the Christmas parade Saturday evening.
But a person has to have a break, right? And now, at 4:14 with the kids due to wake up around 5pm, 45 minutes isn't enough time to really get much school work done, is it?
And yes, Grayson turns three on Friday. Three. I can't believe it. He has only a little of his baby features left. I wish I could freeze this time. He talks very well. But he cuddled more this summer. And slept more. Maybe if I could rewind to the summer........
Ruth ...well...let's just say that the commerical for The Total Transformation just came on and I stopped to watch and though about writing down the number.
She is very high strung and can change moods quickly. I try my best to keep her fed and rested to try to keep fits at bay.
I will try to post pictures soon of the Gray's birthday. Maybe that will be the next break I take.
Happy Birthday, Grayson! Thinking about you and your mommy today! Love and hugs!
ReplyDelete