The Berry family woke up this morning to temps outside under 50 degrees. If you know me you know a few things about me: I love the color green, I sing out of a songbook at church, and I love fall, cold weather and snow.
However, this morning the cold air made the already quite challenging up and down hill 5k course even more difficult. I seriously thought at times that my lungs were going to stop accepting air. There were times in the second mile that I thought I might vomit or pass out. Seriously, this was very up and down. For those of you who attended University of Arkansas, it was like running from Brough Commons to the HPER building and back up over and over for 3.4 (usually, a 5K is 3.1) miles. I did it around 44 minutes. I say around because I thought it was 44 and some odd seconds and Brian thinks 43 and some odd seconds. Whatever. At that point, I just wanted to slowly walk and breath. However, a worker was following me around trying to get my tag and Ruth was trying to congratulate me. Brian did it in just under 40 minutes. Apparently, it is so hard that the high school kids who run this course run it in 20 and they usually can run a 5k in 17.
If that wasn't enough, we came home, took a shower, and then took the kids to a corn maize and hay ride. So, yes, we walked around the corn maize. It was fun, but since Brian and I were already tired, we weren't as hyped up as we might have been. I have been wanting to take the kids to a corn maize ever since two years ago I saw my friend Jennifer take her twins to one in Northwest Arkansas. We had great weather: cold and sunny, although I could have handled a little less wind. Ruth did a great job leading us in the corn maize. Grayson wanted to be carried most of the time; I think because he could see better on Brian's shoulders.
I will post this now and pictures later. The Razorbacks just pulled out a win against texas a&m. I need time to recover from the emotional roller coaster.
No comments:
Post a Comment